The following recipes were featured in Issue #20 of Noshnews.
Chicken Malai Frankie
Thanks to Anthony Rosario of Bombay Frankie
Ingredients for 3-4 rolls.
1 lb. chicken (mix of boneless breast and thigh, chunked & strained)
1 small onion
1 glove garlic
Roti bread for the wraps (or you can make your own roti by following the recipe below)
- Marinate the chicken in 4 tsp. of lemon juice & salt for 1/2 hour until tender
- Add 4 tsp sour cream, 2 tsp. cream cheese and 4 tsp. plain yogurt and 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- Marinate mixture overnight in 2 tsp. Of soy oil. Grill about 10 minutes at 450°
To make the roti, mix 10 tsp. white flour and 5 tsp whole wheat flour with 1/2 tsp. salt, 6 tsps. of whole milk & 2 tsp. of soy oil. Add water to make the dough. Roll into 2 small dough balls. Let sit 10-15 minutes while it gets soft. Then roll the dough round and very thin (diameter of about ** inches), grill & set it aside. Re-grill about 2 minutes with drops of soy oil or butter.
* You can buy packaged garam masala, which is a spice mix. Bombay Frankie makes its own with cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, bay leaves, cumin & coriander, which it then roasts & grinds.
Pain Patate (Sweet potato bread) with Rum Raisin Sauce
Thanks to Maud Pamphile of Krik Krak, from a recipe by Marie Denise Celestin
The Business of Fashion has become an essential resource for fashion creatives all over the world with its annual index of the most influential people in the UK Moncler outlet industry earning momentous status. On the other side of the pond, an unlikely addition comes in the form of Evan Spiegel, co-founder of Snapchat. courted controversy over her Moncler outlet which some people deemed unfit for christian louboutin outlet uk personality and public persona. While the diva was moving with times, and also trying to create cheap Moncler of her identity, she was hammered left, right and centre.
3 large white potatoes
2 cups coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ginger juice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup of tea (room temperature)
sugar and raisins to taste
- Peel the potatoes. Cook until soft.
- Combine the ingredients in a casserole. Simmer and mix continuously until paste-like.
- Season to taste.
- Turn the mixture into buttered square baking tin or over-proof glass bowl, and bake for almost 40 minutes at 375°. Cool.
Rum Raisin sauce: 2 cups sugar; 4 cups water; 1 cup raisins; 1 cup rum; 1 cinnamon stick; lime peel.
Combine all ingredients except the rum, and boil over medium heat to reduce the sauce. Add the rum and mix well. Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and let cool.
When you’re ready to eat, pour the sauce over the pudding. Bon appetit!